• Posted by : mr. take it easy Thursday, November 1, 2012

    Song of the week: "Raging River" by B'z


    Some of you have heard amazing songs that are mixes of epic orchestra ensemble and hard rock wailing guitar.
    and some of you may have thought, "HOLY SHIT THESE SONGS ARE SO FUCKING EPIC!"
    If so, you guys would definitely like this week's entry. Say hi to another addition to your epic song list, "Raging River".

    This is one of the most emotional songs I have ever heard.
    If you understand Japanese to a certain extent, it is very easy to depict the soulful and reflective lyrics into the calm, yet powerful and emotional music.
    If I have to use only one word to describe this song, it would be "SUBLIME".

    Released in the hard rock era of B'z (1998-2000), Raging River is a part of "ELEVEN", one of B'z heaviest hard-rock albums.




    "Raging River E. Style" (short English acoustic version)


    From the very start, the piano and violin have already made quite an impact, producing a calm and peaceful ambient. Followed soon thereafter by the acoustic guitar, which plays a very critical role here. It gives off a sad and lonely feeling to the entirety of the song.

    Inaba's vocal is, as usual, powerful and explosive. He delivered the song in a soulful way any other rock vocalists can only dream of.

    The reflective lyrics combined with the epic full orchestra melody gives off the image of a serene riverside on the mountains. Sudden heavy guitar shreds and change of tone in the lyrics on each chorus gives you the image of the wild raging river and the glorious struggle.

    Don't get me going on the guitar solo, the motherfucking guitar solo. Tak lived up to his name as one of the 3 Japanese guitar legends and Grammy Award winner. Solo starts at 4:02

    The lyrics is one of the most motivational lyrics Inaba has ever written, this is certainly something seeing that B'z have their own star studded lyrics compendium.

    You can interpret the story like this:
    The writer is running away from his designated life. He has lived a bountiful and enjoyable life, accepting everything that comes before him, but now he longs for something that is missing in his life.
    He is now crossing the raging river, hoping to find that special something that would fill the gap in his soul, in the end of his journey.
    It is told that the writer sometimes misses his home, remembering his sweet memories, only to be swept away by the river and came back to the harsh reality, seasons passed by and the writer still continues his journey. You can relate this to "finding a path to reach enlightenment".
    The writer can only reach enlightenment after a lot of sacrifices, including the disappearing memories of his loved ones. You can relate this to "cleansing your soul". Wash away.

    and on the final chorus, the writer wishes good luck to those who also have yet to finish their journey, reminding himself that he still has a lot more to go, to cross that raging river.

    If this is not epic, I don't know what is. You can't even sing this bloody awesome song on karaoke sessions unless you want to rip your own vocal cord.


    ROMAJI

    Tsumetai kaze ga fuite, hitori tachidomaru
    Ukare sugita hibi ga itte, tsui ni michi wo miushinau
    Kono sai nigete shimaou, dare mo tomeya shinai yo
    Soredemo mae ni suzue motto, fumidasu ashi wa tsureteru

    Ima goro anata wa nani shiterundarou?
    Miageta sore wa itsumo mabushii BLUE...

    Yume wo egaite ita, sukoshi zutsu te ni iretekita
    Nani hitotsu ushinau mai to, itsu no manika obieteita

    Kono yo nageteku nara, oite yuku dake darou?
    Aruki hajimeta koro ni modoritai

    STAND UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RAGING RIVER, WASH AWAY, WASH AWAY
    Dare ni mo iyase wa shinai, itami daite, tatakae
    STRUGGLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RAGING RIVER, WASH AWAY, WASH AWAY
    Dare to mo wakachi aenai, itami daite, nemure...

    Yasashii hi wo abite, mata hitotsu hana wo hiraku
    Kazoe kirenu omoi ukabe, kisetsu wa hitasura nagareteru

    Subete ukeireru, yuuki ga hoshii
    Rikari are kuruu kawa wo ima watarou

    STAND UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RAGING RIVER, WASH AWAY, WASH AWAY
    Dare ni mo iyase wa shinai, itami daite, tatakae
    STRUGGLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RAGING RIVER, WASH AWAY, WASH AWAY
    Kaeranu monotachi ni te wo futte, jibun no tameni, mou ichido
    WASH AWAY, WASH AWAY, WASH AWAY
    Itami daite, tatakae...


    TRANSLATION

    In the midst of blowing cold wind, I am standing alone
    The floating images of the past days have started to disappear
    And next, I am losing the sight of my road
    Up until here I have run away, don't anyone stop me
    And then, I will keep on moving ahead, one step out and the other leg will follow

    I wonder what you are doing at this moment
    Whenever I look up what I see is always the blinding blue sky

    I painted my own dream, but my hand only did a small amount of it
    What is that one thing which is missing?
    Don't know since when I started to become anxious about it

    But if I keep grieving for this, I'm just gonna grow old, right?
    Since the start of my journey, this is the first time I feel like going home

    Stand up in the middle of the raging river, wash away, wash away
    Don't anyone come to heal me, I shall embrace this pain and fight on
    Struggle in the middle of the raging river, wash away, wash away
    Don't expect anyone to understand, I shall embrace this pain and sleep away

    Bathing in the gentle sun rays, yet another flower blooms open
    Counting the memories that float by, the season is flowing away

    I have always accepted everything that comes, but yet still I long for courage
    Therefore I am now crossing this madly raging river

    Stand up in the middle of the raging river, wash away, wash away
    Don't anyone come to heal me, I shall embrace this pain and fight on
    Struggle in the middle of the raging river, wash away, wash away
    I wave my hands to those who are not returning home, and for my own sake, one more time
    Wash away, wash away, wash away
    I shall embrace this pain and fight on...


    0 comments

  • Copyright © 2013 - Nisekoi - All Right Reserved

    SIM Anime and Gaming Club Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan